If your non-profit doesn’t have a website it’s time to change that.
Many NGOs believe having a Facebook page is enough or it’s the same as a website, trust us, it’s not. A website is a standard game changer for your non-profit and it’s worth the investment of both time and money in order to reap the benefits.
Although there are numerous reasons to get started on a website here are our top 3 reasons why NGO’s and CBO’s should invest in a website today.
1. Websites Helps to Legitimize your NGO
- If you want your NGO to be a cut above the rest, then legitimize its existence with an active and dynamic website. A website helps donors, partners and even volunteers who go hunting for more information about your social mission to find everything in one spot.
- A website makes your organization appear more professional especially when applying for grants and donations as staff bios, NGO history, and program details are easily accessible.
- Being able to display any certifications, awards or credible membership badges will also boost your organization’s reputation and improve public trust.
2. Increase Awareness, Increase Communication and Build Your Brand
- A website is another sure-fire way to increase awareness about your social mission as you have yet another platform to showcase your efforts and get feedback from your target audience.
- Publish your press releases, community outreach schedules, newsletters and event details to help increase engagement, grow and educate your audience and increase your support base.
- Manage customer service online through the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section to reduce customer service costs. This saves your non-profit time and money as less time is spent explaining product or service details to customers because all this information is available 24 hours a day on your website.
- Having a website serves as a means of managing your NGO’s brand as everything published must clearly reflect on your organization’s mission and vision and can easily be updated when needed.
3. Websites Make Supporting NGOs Easier
- Websites help to make donating stress-free with the click of a ‘donate now’ button. Websites outfitted with this feature are at an advantage as donors can support your mission from the comfort of their homes.
- The advantages of website e-commerce features cannot be ignored as it makes purchasing items in support for your social mission easier and more accessible.
- Persons seeking to get involved can also learn about any available volunteer opportunities and register online too! Building a volunteer database can be invaluable to your organization’s volunteer needs.
So, stop hesitating and get started creating a website that reflects and strengthens your non-profits brand and remember to keep it updated. After all, your organization can only benefit from more exposure!
If your NGO already has a website feel free to share the link in our comment section below!