BACKGROUND: The Commonwealth Foundation launched its general grants call on 1st December 2016. These grants are geared towards sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
This grant is open to applications for projects in Africa, the AMERICAS, Asia and Europe.
Focus areas must centre on one or more of the following:
- Creative expression
- Capacity development
- Constructive engagement
- Learning and sharing
GRANT BUDGET: No more than £30,000 per year or less
- The applicant is a registered national or regional civil society organisation.
- The applicant is applying for funding for one to three years
- The average of the applicant’s total income over the last two years is less than £3m
- The project must address one of the four focus areas
- The project will take place in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country
- The project has not yet started
- The application includes counterpart resourcing of a minimum of 10% of the total project budget. Applicants will be required to provide a detailed budget at full application stage where counterpart resourcing must be clearly reflected.
- The applicant does not have an existing grant from the Commonwealth Foundation at the time the application window is opened. Please note that in order for a recent grantee to be eligible they must have submitted all reports on existing grants and received notification that the existing grant is closed.
APPLICATION: Link to online application and supporting documents
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of the initial application form is 17:00 GMT on Wednesday 4th January 2017.
Additional information about the Grants Program can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
Please note that an organisation can only submit one application per grants call.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7930 3783
Fax: +44 (0)20 7839 8157