Congratulations to the National Centre for Persons with Disabilities, the winner of the 2016 JB Fernandes Award for NGO Excellence in Trinidad and Tobago!
The National Centre for Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) was originally established on December 5, 1964 to promote the reintegration of those who had contracted polio into society.
The vision of the organisation has significantly evolved over the decades as NCPD works tirelessly to promote and create opportunities for social inclusion for individuals with disabilities. Today, the Centre is the only vocational rehabilitation centre in the country providing hundreds of individuals with the best opportunities for vocational growth and success.
Over the years, NCPD has developed a portfolio of entrepreneurial activities linked to the skill training offered at the centre. Thanks to their expertise in the area, NCPD has become well sought after locally, regionally and internationally, for their work in promoting equalization of opportunities, rights and freedoms of people with disabilities (PWDs). Services include vocational assessment and vocational rehabilitation training, business services, consultancy and advocacy. Read more ›
A few updates and reminders about the 2016 JB Fernandes Award for NGO Excellence in Trinidad & Tobago:
- The award nomination submission deadline has been extended to Wednesday, 30th MARCH 2016 at 5:00PM. And, don’t forget the winning organisation will receive a US $5,000 monetary award!
- All organisations that submit a complete nomination for the 2016 Award will be entered to win a HP Stream 13″ Laptop with Free Microsoft Office 365 Personal for One Year. The winner will be notified by 1st May 2016 and the laptop will be available for pick up at the 2016 T&T NGO Professionals Institute to be held at the Hyatt Trinidad in May 2016.
BACKGROUND: The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) GEF Small Grants Programme provides civil society organisations with technical and financial support in the form of grant funding, to projects focused on environmental conservation and restoration, while enhancing people’s livelihoods and well‐being.
These environment-centered ‘small grant projects’ embody the very essence of sustainable development by “thinking globally acting locally.” The grant funding is now in its Operational Phase 6 (OP6), the objective of which is, “to support the creation of global environmental benefits and the safeguarding of the global environment through community and local solutions that complement and add value to national and global level action.”
Civil society organisations can apply for grants in the following areas:
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Social Inclusion
- CSO Dialogue Platforms
- Knowledge Management
Read more ›
SUBMIT A COMPLETED NOMINATION FOR THE 2016 JB FERNANDES AWARD FOR NGO EXCELLENCE IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO to be entered into a drawing to win a HP Stream 13″ Laptop with Free Microsoft Office 365 Personal for One Year.
You do not need to win the Award to win the laptop. Any organisation that submits a complete nomination will be entered to win. Deadline for receipt of completed nominations is
WEDNESDAY, 23RD MARCH 2016 – extended to Wednesday, 30th MARCH 2016.
To be considered a complete nomination, organisations must submit the following:
- Completed Nomination Form
- Organization Financial Information (detailing funders)
- One reference
- Supporting materials – newspaper articles, professional journals, newsletters or other publications; photographs and/or other graphic materials; brochures or other promotional material
HP Laptop Specifications
- Intel Celeron N2840 Processor
- 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM, 32 GB Solid-State Drive
- 1TB OneDrive Cloud Storage for one year
- 13.3-Inch Screen
- Intel HD graphics
- Includes US$25 Microsoft App Store Credit and Office 365 Personal Subscription for 1-year (US$69.95 value)
Winner will be notified by 1st May 2016. Laptop will be made available for pick up at the T&T NGO Professionals Institute in May 2016 at the Hyatt Trinidad.
Skype Q&A Session: 2016 JB Fernandes Award for NGO Excellence in Trinidad & Tobago
Do you have questions about the nomination process? Want tips for applying? Want to know what makes for a successful nomination?
Join our JB Fernandes Award Skype Q&A Session!
MONDAY, 22nd February 10th, 11am – 12pm (TT Time).
Winning organisation receives a US $5,000 cash donation, deadline for receipt of award nominations is
23RD MARCH 2016, deadline extended to 30th MARCH 2016.
Skype Address: laura.kaufmanniie
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ll be joining us for this Q&A Session.
Does your NGO or civil society organization deserve recognition?
Nominations are open for the 2016 JB Fernandes Award for NGO Excellence in Trinidad & Tobago! Sponsored by the JB Fernandes Memorial Trust, the Award celebrates organisations in Trinidad and Tobago that are national models of excellence, improving their communities and utilising best practices in nonprofit management.
The winning organisation will receive $5,000 US and be honored at the 2016 T&T NGO Professionals Institute, which will be held in June 2016 in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
The purpose of the award is to:
- Formally honor the NGO, CBO and civil society profession and communicate the positive impact that these organizations have in the communities, villages and neighborhoods throughout Trinidad and Tobago;
- Highlight the best practices of NGOs (effective management, accountability, good governance);
- Identify emerging trends and underrepresented areas in the sector;
- Identify key leaders who will shape the sector
The nomination deadline
is WEDNESDAY, 23RD MARCH has been extended to WEDNESDAY, 30TH MARCH 2016.
LINK TO MORE DETAILS ON THE AWARD
P.S., Join our mailing list for updates on NGO news, events, jobs & funding opportunities in Trinidad & Tobago at http://eepurl.com/bNvOjL.