1. Download our conference attendee list – Check this list for local nonprofit and civil society organisations that you may want to connect with, learn from and build relationships - 2102 T&T NGO Professionals Conference attendee list.
2. Leverage social media — Use our list of T&T NGOs on Facebook to find local NGOs on Facebook, like their pages to stay updated on their activities and build online relationships. When appropriate, share their updates on your social media networks and they’ll likely return the favour. If your organisation is on Twitter, follow other NGOs and stakeholders on Twitter and also engage with them there (link to our list of local NGOs on Twitter).
3. Network in person — Attend local/regional NGO events like our annual T&T NGO Professionals events; Participate in events hosted by the Network of NGOs of Trinidad & Tobago for the Advancement of Women or Growing Leaders’ Social Enterprise HIVES; Connect with NGOs in your niche by participating in events like Let’s Talk Eco Action started by Papa Bois Conservation to “give local environmental NGOs, individuals and the public a forum and place to meet and discuss enviro. issues and solutions.”
4. Get on the right mailing lists — Contact local NGO networks and organisations that work with a wide range of local NGOs, potential funders/donors and request to be added to their mailing list. At a minimum, consider getting on the mailing list for the following organisations:
- Network of Civil Society Organisations
- Trinidad & Tobago Ministry of Community Development
- Network of NGOs of Trinidad and Tobago for the Advancement of Women
- Inter-American Development Bank’s (IDB) Cultural Development Programme (CDP)
- United Way Trinidad & Tobago
- The Volunteer Center of Trinidad & Tobago
- Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme
- UNDP Trinidad and Tobago
NOTE: Hi-Lo Food Stores allows customers to donate their loyalty card points to local NGOs like Families in Action, Cyril Ross Nursery Fund and the Marabella Family Crisis Centre. (Send an email to email@example.com for more information on how to possibly have your NGO added to this list.)